Need to know!
Mumma's Melts assumes no responsibility for misuse of our products. All candles have appropriate warning labels attached to the bottom for safe use.
Candles should only be burnt within sight. Keep away from drafts & vibrations to minimise risk of falling. Keep out of reach of children and pets at all times. Never burn candles need curtains or drapes that can catch on fire.
USING YOUR CANDLE
- ALWAYS refer to the safety & warning label attached to the bottom of your candle.
- On the first lighting, burn your candle long enough for a melt pool to develop evenly across the diameter of your candle.
- To achieve the maximum burn time from your candle, burn no longer than 3 – 4 hours at a time.
- Trim the wick to 5-6mm above the wax line before each use, using a pair of scissors or a wick trimmer.
- Replace the lid to the candle after it has cooled to retain the fragrance.
USING YOUR MELT SHOT POT/CLAM SHELLS
- ALWAYS start with your warmer turned off (if using a tealight warmer, start with no flame present).
- Gently squeeze the base of your pot to loosen the wax & pop into the clean, dry and cool warmer bowl. Break off one cube if using a clam shell pack. (can use more to achieve the desired scent throw, paying careful attention not to allow spillage by using too many cubes at once.)
- Turn on your warmer or light your candle if using a tealight warmer.
- DO NOT leave unattended (do not leave on when you are not home)
- When you have finished with your scent, carefully place several cotton wool balls into the melted wax to soak up the pool of wax or alternatively place the removable warmer bowl on a heat proof plate and sit in the fridge to harden. Once hard you can pop the wax out into the bin.
- NEVER poor your hot wax down the sink - this may cause blockages.